Friday, October 30

Life at the bottom of the food chain....


Hello all! I have decided on one day until Halloween not to write a Halloween post, but to only mention such a holiday in the first sentence. Instead, I would like to enrich some of you peeps lives by telling you of some of the trials and bonuses of a younger child. If you are a younger child, and have more to say on this subject, please write and tell me about it. The address is box 98 hundred, Vancouver BC, B6B 4G3. Or you can just hit the comment section. either way. Well, my list starts off as follows, if you are thinking of being the youngest child in my life, you:
  1. Never know what's happening. Not even for vacations. You need to find out by your cunning skills of phone-tapping, or the fact that the night before mom comes in and tells you to pack your back-pack/tells you to clean your room for company. But you still don't know what's happening. Pros: Makes life a constant adventure.
  2. Sleep in the bathroom or on the cot in hotels. Parents get the bed, brother gets the fold out couch, you get the extra pillows and blankets from those beds and build your own in the bathroom. Pros: you sometimes get a cot. Also, it's really fun to make forts instead :-)
  3. Sit in the back seat. No buts about it. Or, in the back-est seat. You weren't even able to sit in the front seat for a while because of the air-bags, and you would be killed by the sheer force of poofyness. Pros:No one can find your secrets in the back seat >:)
  4. Get no money. Chores were already figured out by the time you got here, so no allowance for you. Obvious Pro: No chores (note, this section expired when my brother decided he hated taking out garbages. Still get no money...) Pros: Since your younger, grandparents on one side of your family think that you're cuter, so give you more money. But then when brother gets or has to do something big, like a car, he gets a big bonus that you will never get, because you will inherit his car, which he will still charge you for.
  5. Are left alone a lot. When parents and brother go out for something, you sometimes can't come because you're too young, or it goes too late. So, have fun staring at the wall. Pros: Now you aren't bothered by brother. Also, you can watch whatever movies you want, and brother won' t make fun of you ("What! You're watching that! I thought you were too old for that five years ago!" Nostalgia people, nostalgia!). Also have fun doing creative activities like sowing a sock doll, writing a story, etc.
  6. Have no privacy. Ok, so macs are awesome, even though they may not be everyones first choice, agreed? Agreed. However, macs can be used for evil. There is a cool feature on macs, for purposes of showing somebody how to do something, doing something for them, or seeing who stole your computer (this actually happened), there is a feature called screen sharing, were basically, you have whatever that other person has on their screen, on your screen too, as long as you have their password and sharing file. Also, you get no notification that anyone has accessed your computer, unless if they move their mouse (because then your mouse moves too). My brother loves this feature. So, he always is spying on what sites I'm going to, whatever I'm doing. Which sucks.Big Brother is Watching. Also, every time that I change my password, I almost immediately have a internet problem (we're switching to quest), Then he yells at me because he can't get in and fix it. Pros: You have a mac. And your brother fixes it.
Just so you know, being a younger sibling isn't that awful. I don't have to sleep in the bathroom anymore (I get the rest of the room), when my mom asks me to pack my bag I know were we're going afterwards, and I do technically have an allowance and my mom is nice and usually pays for stuff when she hasn't payed my allowance for a month, and before hand. So, fellow younger sibs, is all this true? Older sibs, what's it like? Also, what type of tooth paste do you think that the president uses? Comment!

4 comments:

Velonica said...

All those things are totally true! And here are a few more:

-Your big brother does not think you are cool enough. So, just cuz he is four years older and three grades higher, does not mean i am not cool enough to hang out with! Never get to see my brother. :( Pros: No annoying brother and some alone time.

-"You don't need that till your older" Take a cell phone for example. My pickup schedule is crazy!It is never consistent plus I have like a billion clubs that end at different times on certain days or get canceled/ extended. But my brother had NONE of that. So she gets his cellphone at 10th grade but i can't get one cuz i'm not old enough! grr. pros: once you get stuck at school for an extra hour, your parents get you a cellphone!

Anonymous said...

Yes, definitely all that is true. I have the wonderful experience of being an older and younger sibling. To all boys. (Hip hip hurr...poo) I agree with the first thing you said, Velonica definitely! My older but not oldest brother is only two years older than me but he treats me like I'm 7. It's so annoying. What's really annoying is when my parents do it too. I am three years older than my younger brother and I still am in the "little kid" group. I am in high school for pete's sake! Like when we're watching movies, I don't get to watch the same one as my older brothers, instead I have to go in the other room with my ELEVEN year old brother and watch something I've seen ten gathousand times. Woah... I sound really complainey. :-D This is weird because it's EXACTLY what we were talking about in my advisory class....

-Z

Anonymous said...

heh. I am the eldest sibling in my family, and I scorn you younglings. okay, not really, but I do have a certain disdain for you. You see, life as an older sibling is much more hard core. you get all the tough jobs, even when the little ones are older, because you can do them better. you are expected to "set a good example" and be nice to them all the time. If they hit you, your hitting them back is "bullying." If they hit you again after you hit them for hitting you, it is "standing up for themselves." Also, just being a generally more driven person than my sisters lands me with more responsibility because I am more capable and lands them more attention because they are pathetic and need help with everything. However, when my parents do notice me, it is usually with a kind of surprised adoration, which is sort of nice. While I think it would be nice to be a younger sibling, my conscience and type A personality inhibit me from acting like or really wishing to be one.

Norski

Dorkyness said...

Really, usually my brother hits me first then I am seen as annoying him... And when he pokes me I get bruises...