
Hey guys! Guess who? Um, yea. So, I was thinking of doing a Christmas post to get me in the holiday mood, since there has not been a single flake of snow since last year *sigh*. Wait, there were a few flakes two Sundays ago, but it didn't stick *double sigh*. I hope you guys enjoyed the story of St. Nick, I thought that it was pretty interesting. But now I want to talk about the tree. Don't worry, I won't go blabbing on about it's origin (though I know that one too), I just want to sort of think about it in a way. When you think about it, Christmas is a pretty stupid idea. People chop down a tree and bring it inside, then get some lights and put them outside. Then they run around like madmen, literally trampling others for something that you put in somebody else's sock, or hide it in a box and put brightly colored around it, which whomever you're giving it to will just rip apart anyways. But you trick your kids into thinking that a old fat guy will broke into your house and left them there, then climbed through the fireplace onto the roof were some magical flying moose are waiting for him. Merry Christmas! But it is tradition. However, if you look to the heart of the holidays, it's amazing. It's the one time of the year, were people are buying or making others gifts, a time were families finally come together. And if you believe in Jesus, this is the time were he came to save us.
(Look! My first second paragraph ever!) A lot of people wait till this time of year to get this, or get that, but to draw your minds away from that (btw, I am not accusing you of greed), I was wondering what is the best gift that you are giving to somebody else this year? You don't have to post it now, because of people reading this blog in correlation to people you're getting the gifts for). Just think about it. Oh! And if you're bored and need something to do, follow this link for a cute little story about christmas. If you're really in the hurry by the way, you can just skip to the beginning of the actual story at 7:30 , and it ends at 21:20. (by the way, those are minutes:seconds) Enjoy! And Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
i thought that about christmas too but in the end it brings families together! (awwwww)which i love. i would tell the best gift but it would be a spoiler... i will comment later. Merry christmas everyone and i hope that it turns out really special and you celebrate it with family :D
Post a Comment