
Hey there all! I have just arrived from portland, Oregon from a grand weekend adventure, one of the major highlights being BIKE RIDING 50 MILES!!!!!! :-D Which was a b-l-a-s-t! OH! important announcement: On my dorky-quiz-thing, I need to say a few things 1.) No, an official list of the answers are not on the site, I am waiting for everybody to post their answers 2.) please post your answers! I know you all want the special prize! 3.) All of the answers are on the site! (no, not under Vicky's answers, no cheating remember?) you don't need a good memory for this! Just good researching skills! 4.)Contest ends next week on August 24th, post your answers now! I don't want just one person doing this! Please? 5.) Yea that's it. anywho, Oh yea, Portland! It was a ton of fun. We went past some astounding scenery, great wildlife, and a few accidents. It was this thing called the Portland century. It's an organized program every year, and I highly recommend it. If you don't think your ready for 50 miles, you can do the 25 mile loop, and if you think your above 50 miles, you can do the 100 mile loop, which I nearly wet my self just thinking of doing it. It also has awesome pit stops including muffins, fresh pizza (like, you could see them twirling the dough up in the air behind the tent kind of fresh), make-your-own strawberry short cake, fresh salmon dinner at the end, beer, which I refused, and professional massages. Over all, worth the bike riding. I also recommend the city of Portland. It is a great city (not as good as, say, Seattle, as a random example). Our hotel was right next to a trolley stop, so every morning we hopped on the little jolly trolley that transported us to the largest bookstore on the west coast (Powell's books), the best and most original cupcakes (like root beer float and cookie-dough cake, both delicious) I have ever seen or tried (Cupcake Jones), a store with jewelry, art and crafts from all over the world that make sure it was fair trade (One Thousand Villages), a whole block of about 20 street carts with every food you can imagine; all very delicious (on 11th an Alder), and a toy store with every type of stuffed animal, puppet, play mobile, figurine, tin robot, action figure, Lego, baby toy, or randomness (like a Shakespeare bobble head, a chicken flinger and a unicorn doll with people accessories that you could stick on it's horn) that has ever been created (unfortunately, I can't remember the name, but I think it stared with an f), all in one trip! Wow that sentence was long. Anyways, thanks if you read all of it. Oh! I have decided to give a location to any of the questions on my dorky test. The first person who hasn't completed the test yet that gives a question that they can't get in a comment, they will get the question and the location published in a post (don't worry, everyone will be able to see it). So, either start on the questions or start training for the portland century, and good luck!
2 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I tried calling you twice this morning! I didn't know you were in portland! So cool! Glad that you had fun! Those cupcakes sounded really good. YUM! Well, thanks for posting!
P.S. Can you give me the number of the chicken flinger store, I've been looking for one for such a long time! :D
Wow, 50 miles, good job! Darn it, I started school today while you were practically partying in Portland >:P No, it wasn't that bad actually... I guess... Your vacay time sounded great! Awesome! Yeah... about that quizzzzzz..... jk, I'll try and do it... Eventually :D
Post a Comment