Saturday, December 13

Norski here...

It is officially snowing! Oh my goodness! Of course, up here it snows a lot in winter, but this is the first snow in Oslo this year. It is fairly amazing. I'm stuck indoors, though, until it stops coming down. I hate having snow melt in my hair. It's very beautiful, though, and the trees are all covered.
On a decidedly more random note, I have just looked up the lyrics of "Riu Chiu" online and found that this medieval carol is in Spanish! Yippee! So I've been trying to learn how to sing it and not really succeeding. Spanish is sung way differently from how it is spoken. Plus the CD we have it on has a men's choir doing it and they're way out of my range. I kind of wish I had a deep, resonant voice like that. Oh well. My voice may be reedy, but at least I am half-competent as far as music goes.
Oh! The Christmas play I was helping with was today. All the little kids goofed up at least a few times, but overall it was a success. I had a lot of fun and got in some good community service hours. Now I'm sad because everybody I know is in a play except for me. I'm sitting in my living room trying to learn "Riu Chiu." And having a lovely time. I'm actually learning that just watching a play instead of being in it is kind of nice. So never mind, I'm not sad.
That's about it for now. I think I'm going to sit at the window and watch the snow. Dream of a white Christmas, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!!!

It's snowin' here too (well, I'm 50 miles from the alps so what should I expect?). It great, and the puppy loves it.

P.S. I'm happy AND hyper!!! : )

the doctor said...

it's snowing in area 51, too, and it's really fun to throw snowballs at the guards, especially when they look angry and the commander guy comes over and hits them with a stick, then he's going away, and i throw a snowball at him, and it hits him in the face, then he thinks the guards did it, and he hits them with his stick some more, then hits them with snowballs, and it continuously repeats until they get fired, and i throw snowballs at the new guards, and they get fired, then more new guards get fired, then more, then more, then more, and it will keep going on until it stops snowing and all the snow melts.
i love snow!!!